Egg-amame pre-workout recipe from The Food Grinder
This month we're working with Alex, aka The Food Grinder, the #nofussfood cook from Instagram, to help people stay motivated with their fitness resolutions. @thefoodgrinder was born out of pure frustration. Bored of following long and drawn out recipes, Alex, decided to cut through the celebrity chef waffle to create #nofussfood solutions that anyone can follow without being a slave to the kitchen or putting a dent in your bank balance! Today he shares with us a great pre-workout recipe!
My Egg-amame recipe works great for me as a pre-workout meal as it’s balanced in protein, fat and carbs without being too heavy. The eggs & avocado provide good sources of protein and fats whilst the toast gives me the carbs to make it an all round balanced meal and packed full of fuel.
- 2 slices of your choice of bread for toast
- 1 Egg
- 1 Avocado
- Half a cup of Soya beans
- Wasabi paste
- 1 fresh red Chili
- Bring a pan of water to the boil and place your egg in for around 8-10minutes (for a hard boiled result)
- Skin and mash your avocado in a bowl
- Add in half a cup of de-frosted soya beans and half a teaspoon of wasabi paste and mix all together
- Toast two slices of bread
- Spread over your mixture
- De-shell, slice and add on your hardboiled egg
- Add on top some optional diced red chilli for extra kick!